Solar Tree Project Description
The Solar Tree Project involves Art, Education, Kids, Parents, Science, Nature and Technology. The Project offers students an opportunity to participate and experience the creative process, while learning to research and communicate visually. The Project will plant the seeds for a creative future, while promoting the use of clean sources of energy. The Project will work to develop a channel for future generations to find solutions to the pollution of our planet thereby helping to reduce the “Greenhouse Effect”, mercury contamination, acid rain, deforestation, and a variety of nuclear energy hazards. Using a variation in media, students will examine the relationships of esthetics, content, and technique in the development of their unique Solar Sculpture Project.
Solar Tree - Ideally Suited to Build Community
Our program is accommodating to local educators, based on their unique needs, circumstances and timetable. We also provide guidance for the development of a small to large-scale solar sculpture project, from concept to installation - landscape to lighting. The Solar Tree Project is well suited to all students, including special needs children, as group participation is encouraged. Suitable locations for a Solar Tree include parks, gardens, museums, schools and corporate campuses.
- Develop an understanding of the creative process.
- Investigate conceptual project development through two-dimensional projects.
- Explore sculptural media and techniques in Solar Tree maquette development.
- Outline the need to create alternative forms of energy.
- Introduce the fundamentals of solar energy.
- Heighten creative problem solving skills.
- Present material options for the Solar Tree Project.
- Create an awareness and appreciation for sculpture as a medium for the expression of concepts and ideas.
- Learn collaborative skills thru the participation in the design and concept development, material selection, fabrication process, and the final installation.
Essentials - iChat Video Studio Classes
In developing the Solar Tree Project, students and instructors are asked to participate in Internet video conferencing, via iChat or Skype. This time is intended for student participation in instruction lectures, demonstrations, assignments, creative time, critiques, and group activities. Studio attendance is an opportunity to exchange knowledge and open dialogues with the artist and solar energy experts involved in the project. As each particular Solar Tree Project is developed, a web cam will make it possible to view the fabrication process of their project in real time.
- Understanding of solar and renewable energy.